Gary J. McCabe,
Gary McCabe has extensive knowledge
of trends in the computer and technology services and
operations including consulting with
administration, faculty and staff in colleges and
universities in the US, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and
He has management experience with
Computing and Telecommunications infrastructure
services. Mr. McCabe has direct experience as a
Technology Advisor, Senior Technician and Technical
Support Manager . He has worked with numerous, complex,
computing and networking models. He has provided analysis and strategic tools to
solve technology issues in rapidly changing environments.
Mr. McCabe has provided numerous workshop and conference
Prior to McCabe Information
Technology, Gary worked as Director of Information
Services, Director of Technical Review and
Policies, Director of Networks and Systems, Manager of
IBM Systems, Systems Programmer and Lead Analyst
Programmer for a number of companies including Overseas
Council International, Indiana University-Purdue
University Indianapolis, Mayflower Transit, LLC and
the City of Indianapolis / Marion County. (IndyGov.org)
His professional accomplishments
- Implementation and administration of MS Windows 2012, 2008 and
2003 Server, Microsoft
Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, IIS, SSL, MS Hyper-V Server, integrated fax service, IIS web server, Wireless and VPN.
- Successful Server consolidations using Hyper-V Virtual Server.
- Successful installations Windows 10, 8,7, Vista, MS Office
2016, 2013, 2010, and 2007.
- Selection and installation of Security
hardware, software and policies to minimize virus
and security threats.
- Successful development of Intranet for numerous clients.
- Technical Advisor to The Association for
Theological Education by Extension in Bangalore,
India, a training center that serves 5,000
students throughout India.
- Advisor in Technology Planning and Distance
Education for International Consultations and
Instructor to Educators in Africa, Eastern
Europe, Asia and Latin America on behalf of
Overseas Council International.
- Assisted FBI National Computer Crimes Task Force
to successfully track down malicious Internet
- Managed design and implementation teams for
reliable local and remote access to a large
campus community using fiber optics and
cat5 technologies. Established Intranet/Internet
services for iupui.edu. www.IUPUI.edu
- Directed technology teams in developing network infrastructure
for one of the first multimedia library systems for the IUPUI
- Directed IUPUI planning teams to replace IBM mainframe
with Unix and Windows servers and consolidate two
- Technical Advisor and member of the Indianapolis
Community Network Committee.
- Independent Consultant supporting ITT Technical
Institute, Indianapolis campus. Migrated student
records mainframe system to Windows local area